Practical Ways to Save Electricity
Below are are a few practical ideas on how to save electricity on a daily basis.
1. When boiling water on a stove, put a lid on your pots. Doing so can reduce energy consumption significantly.
2. Use a microwave oven to head food instead of a stove when possible.
3. Use a power strip to turn off multiple devices at once.
4. Clean or replace air filters on your HVAC system to improve its energy efficiency.
5. Use fans instead of air conditioning.
6. Plant trees or install shading devices to block the sun’s rays and reduce the amount of heat entering your home.